Monday, July 30, 2012

More Works in Progress!

    Here are some other drawings that I've been working on. They're kinda old, as you can see. I've been quite busy lately so it's sad that I don't have as much time to draw as I did before. :L Hopefully I'll get to finish them so you can see what they look like when completed. :) 
  The top one is of General Grevious that I did using Bonnie Burton's How to Draw Clone Wars book. Once again I didn't really copy the picture they wanted me to (because I'm horrible and can't copy pictures that well :/ ) and kinda went off and did my own thing. I really liked Grevious' cloak and wanted to draw it all torn  up. Also I love his feet from Revenge of the the Sith (I know that sounds weird X7 ) and wanted to draw/shade them as close to that movie's as possible. However, the hints posted on the side (next page in this drawing book) were really helpful in grasping how he goes together. I had never really drawn General Grevious so this drawing really excites me and the book was a good helper! :D
   The bottom drawing is of an alien from one of my books named Illume. She's pretty cool. She's like half human, half reptile creature. Her left hand was bothering me so as you can see I've erased it. Illume's not quite done yet, I've still got some more shading to do with her clothes, legs, and arms. She was fun to design because I wanted to capture the merging of both human and reptilian structures. I think the size of her eyes is the most prominent feature of this. I don't know if it's just me or what but I feel like her body is a little disproportionate. :L I'll keep trying to figure it out. ;) She was fun to draw--I love her little mushroomwood bucket!-- and I hope you'll someday get to read about her. :D









No comments:

Post a Comment